Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Same Kind Of Different As Me


As you all probably know... I read a LOT. One of my favorite things in the world to do is curl up on the couch with a blanket, a good book, and a cup of coffee. I wish reading could be a job because I would DOMINATE! Haha.

I don't do a lot of book reviews but the book I just finished definitely deserves one.


This is one of the most touching stories I have read in a long time. I really like reading memoirs because they are nonfiction. They are true recollections of a person's memories captured on the pages of a book.

This is the story of two different men- Ron Hall, a wealthy art dealer from Fort Worth, and Denver Moore, an ex-sharecropper turned homeless man who journeys from Louisiana to Fort Worth. The book shares the journey of these two men and how they cross paths in the most unlikely way and become life-long friends. God has a great way of putting people together when they need them the most. I know you are thinking- "Why on earth would a homeless man need a rich, art dealer in his life?" or "Why on earth would a rich, art dealer need a homeless man in his life?". Read it and find outttt.

YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. Be prepared to laugh, cry, and want to share every detail of the story with anyone who will listen.

If you read it- let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment