Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The big news is...

I GOT A JOB!!!

I didn't want to say anything until it was set in stone... but I started today as a Title I Intervention Aide at a local elementary school! I had a great day meeting everyone and getting acclimated. My schedule is not exactly set yet- but I will be working primarily with 1st and 2nd grade students on Math. I will be at the school everyday from 9:30-5:00 (great hours huh?). A couple days a week I will be running the computer lab and everday I will be going into the 1st and 2nd grade rooms to work with small groups. After school, I will be doing some tutoring.

I AM SO EXCITED. I feel so blessed because the job market in education is not exactly flowing in my area... and I am so lucky and thankful that I was able to get this position.

Pray for me- that I am able to reach the struggling students, that I am able to be more than just a "teacher" to them, that I can be a role model, that I can show them God's love, and that I can truly show them that I care about their success.

No comments:

Post a Comment