Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jaded Beauty

Day 6.  Jaded beauty.  Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?


image from weheartit


The world's definition of beauty will wear you out if you let it. You know the kind- when you are more concerned with the size of your jeans then the size of your heart. When you are more concerned with the money and time you spend to make yourself "beautiful" then the time you spend loving yourself for who you are. 


I don't know a woman in the world who has not been a victim of this "jaded beauty" at some point. It is so hard (almost impossible) to live in the society that we live in- where people are worshipped and glorified for their skinny bodies and plastic surgery filled faces- and not fall into the trap of wishing you were more like them. They could spend all the money in the world, nipping and tucking, and they would never be truly hapy.


I wish I had a smaller waist, flatter stomach, better toned legs, blonder hair, etc., etc., etc. The list could go on and on!


How about we take the time that we spend wishing we were more beautiful and thank the Lord that we are alive and healthy?  It is so freeing! 


Thank you Lord for giving me the life that you have. Thank you that I am healthy. Thank you that I have a family, spouse, and self that love me for me and my wordly "imperfections". I know I am perfect in your eyes because YOU CREATED ME!!


Have you ever felt extreme pressure to be more beautiful? Any advice for people caught in that trap?

No comments:

Post a Comment