Thursday, February 10, 2011

To my students

Day 16.  Write a letter to your daughter, or a young girl in your life.  Tell her what beauty means.

I would to write this letter to my female students.

Girls,
     I know that elementary and middle school is a really TOUGH time. I have been there. I want to encourage you to be yourself and stand up for what you believe. Do not become someone that you are not just to "fit in". Being yourself is so much more attractive! The main thing that I wish to get across to you is that you are all SO beautiful and special. Do not let anyone tell you differently. Boys can be cruel. Girls can be REALLY cruel. Know that you are beautiful! BELIEVE IT! Don't be in a hurry to grow up. Be a kid as long as you can. You have the rest of your life to be an adult. Oh and last thing, be nice to your parents and your teachers. They love you more than you know. You will understand one day.
Your teacher,
Mrs. Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment