Sunday, February 13, 2011

Comfort Food

Today I am supposed to write about my favorite comfort food... haha I don't even know where to START!!

I genuinely try to eat pretty healthy... I try and stay away from fast food and if I do eat it I get grilled chicken or something. But sometimes- a girl just needs Mexican food. The scary thing is I think I would be okay with eating Mexican food about 5 days a week. Yikes!

I also love sweets. Chocolate, candy, sour stuff, chocolate, cakes, cookies, brownies, chocolate, etc.

Actually I am baking right now! Perfect day to write about comfort food =)

Started with Heath Blondies for me and the hunny for our Valentines "treat":

Made delicious because of the browned butter.... YUM





Then onto the Red Velvet Whoopies for my Civics class tomorrow:






I think I reached my sweets quota for the next month or so. Feelin a little sick right now.

I posted a link to the heath blondies the other day but here is the red velvet whoopie recipe... SO easy.


For the Red Velvet cookies:
1 Box red velvet cake mix
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs

For the Cream Cheese Filling:
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 8 oz. Package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 1lb. Box of confectioner's sugar
1 tsp Vanilla


Cookie directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix ingredients until combined.
Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Cool.

Filling directions:
In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
Gradually add sugar and mix until smooth.
Put a generous amount of frosting in between two cookies and devour!

Did you do anything special this weekend?


1 comment: