Monday, February 28, 2011

Our trip in pictures

I got back from Gatlinburg last night and was sooo sleepy I couldn't post the pictures! Now that I am almost caught back up on sleep, I thought I would share =)

First of all, let me start out by saying that we had the BEST time. Despite the fact that four out of six of us got extremely nauseated and sick to our stomach at some point (mine was on the car ride there...yikes),  it was AWESOME! Bonding with my new family over shopping, eating, and hottubbing... can't ask for a much better time.

We arrived in Gatlinburg around 4 on Friday and headed straight to the chalet to unpack and get freshened up for dinner.


After we scoped everything out, we headed back into town for dinner at the Hard Rock and some shopping.

At dinner L to R: Pat's aunt Jenny, Pat's mom Donna, and Pat's aunt Ashley

L to R: Me, Sister-in-law Lindsay, Pat's grandmother Kay

We chatted, laughed and ate some delicious food.

The BEST side salad! Had craisins on top =)

California Chicken Club- chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado, lettuce. Yummy. 

Of course we goofed off a little too =)


Then we headed for some Old Tyme Photos... HILARIOUS and GROSS. haha.


And by gross I mean they wanted us to put on these old nasty dresses with no backs and put on boxers and fishnets out of a box?! Ummm... Eww.

I don't think it would be appropriate to share the pictures from the dressing room... I'll spare you =)

When we got back we got in the hot tub on the deck overlooking the mountains. SO PEACEFUL. We stayed for two hours.


We called it a night around 1 so we could get ready for a long day of outlet shopping on Saturday.


That was the only picture I took of our whole shopping day! Ughh! My camera was heavy. Days like that make me miss my point and shoot sometimes. After NINE HOURS of shopping (not complaining, it was a blast!) we headed back into town for dinner. We were all so hungry we stopped at the first place we saw on the main drag. Not a good idea for Mrs. Donna. Don't ask =)

Pre-sick picture. 

Uhh I look ROUGH. Definitely can tell we shopped for nine hours after minimal sleep and food haha. 

Canon ad =)

Hahah the people beside us throughout we were so weird!


Jenny and I thought it would be a great idea to split a calzone "the size of an NFL football". NOT A GOOD IDEA! It made us hyper, delirious, greasy, full, stuffed with cheese, and ready to never see another calzone again in our lives!








We headed back to the chalet because Mrs. Donna was not feeling so hot and we definitely needed to get her back to lay down and get some sleep. The rest of us got in the hot tub again for a few hours and talked and talked and talked. And talked. Then we got out, got in bed, and talked some more! Three girls to a bed and it's definitely hard to stop talking. We finally got to sleep around 3 a.m and had to get up early to get ready to check out.

For some reason it didn't cross our mind until it was time to leave that we were departing with five times as many bags as we came with... but don't worry. Jenny made it work =)


Had to get in some group pics before we pulled away...

The newest Ryan girls with our awesome mother-in-law!



The whole gang... self-timer is a beautiful thing =)


Had a blast ladies! I am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing family. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world! Love you all. Until next time =)

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a super fun time and what yummy food! I am so glad it was such a great time for you...love trips like that!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete