Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beauty secrets!

I'm the most casual makeup person ever. I wear the same stuff everyday. I might add a touch more eyeliner if I'm doing something special at night and that is about the extent of my makeup! So exciting right?

My only facial tip is cleanse and moisturize everyday!! I have been using Velocity by Mary Kay facewash and moisturizer since my early teen years and it is the BEST!


The other big thing is to take off your makeup EVERY NIGHT. Thanks Mom for bashing this into my head the past few years. I spent a lot of nights during my college years coming in late and crashing in all my makeup. Not only does the makeup cover your pores and not allow them to breathe, but the mascara and eyeliner can actually cause infection!


My last thing has to do with hair. As someone who used to wash, dry and straighten my hair everyday... it was hard for me to follow this advice BUT once I did- I can't go back! The tip is to wash your hair every 3 or 4 days. If you are like me, my hair goes completely flat on day 2. I wash it on day 1 and completely do it like normal- blowdry, straighten, whatever. On day 2 I curl it. On day 3 I fluff it up in put it in a pretty pony (or possibly wash again). If I can make it to day 4... I wash and repeat!


Hope you liked my tips! I'm sure they are nothing new to most of you!


2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! I only wash my hair every 2-3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it works wonders! And I used to wonder why my hair was so dry... lol loved your giveaway by the way. I hope I winnn!

    ReplyDelete