Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend Recap


My weekend consisted of LOTS of football:

Good football...

This is my house brother, Steven, dominating in the Westbrook vs. Ider game Friday night. Westbrook (#6) beat Ider (#3) 35-7 and they are looking like they have a reallll good shot for the 2A state title.

HORRIBLE football...


Ohhh my gosh Florida State... sooo embarrassing. Yikes.

Birthday celebrating- I woke up early Saturday morning and decorated a little bit for my husband's birthday. Just a sign, homemade card, and white Christmas lights =) I made him some coffee and was about to begin cooking him breakfast when he came in and declared that he wanted to take a trip to Waffle House! Yummm! We headed to Waffle House then went on a 2 hour Walmart excursion to get all of the necessities for the long day of football and eating. Andrew came over and watched football with us and we ate Rotel cheese dip like champs and finished off the evening with a delicious Southwest Soup.

I have had some requests for the recipe so here it is:

1 box of chicken broth (48 oz)
1 jar of salsa verde (I only used a little more than half the jar)
1 rotisserie chicken shredded with a fork
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can corn

Dump all of the ingredients into a large pot and bring it to a boil. Once the soup begins boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese. Soooo delish.

Family and school today- We went to church with my family and ate a good lunch at Applebees. I tried to be good and got a grilled chicken entree topped with portobello mushrooms and onions and red pepper. YUM. Will definitely be getting that again. Got home around 3 and been doing lesson plans since! AHhhhh! Save me!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo excited that it is football season! We are obsessed with football around our house. I'm going to have to try your recipe for rotel cheese dip at our next football party!

    ReplyDelete