I got some good feedback from friends and family on the life lessons that I posted yesterday so here are the next ten!!
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
Everyone messes up. In order to move on and allow for a good future, the past MUST be settled. If you dwell on your past, how can you fix things for your future? LOVE this one.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
I can't really relate to this one because I do not have children- but I'm sure a lot of you can! I feel like a lot of adults have this thing where they want their children to think they are SO tough. I think that is important but it is also important for them to know that you are HUMAN!!
13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
I am SOOO guilty of this. In fact, I do not know anyone who isn't. I find myself constantly thinking..."If only I had..." etc. Then I remember- I have NO idea what they are going through, what they have been through, why they have what they have, etc. Be THANKFUL for what you have!!
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
This is SO true. I am all about some honesty.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
This one gives me chill bumps. It is scary- but exciting. I am a true concrete sequential, so routine is very crucial for me. That may be the reason that this idea scares me more than excites me. Change in general just scares me!
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
Oh lordy. I hate a pity party. I can't pretend like I am not guilty of this sometimes. I had a small one today actually... things were just kinda rough at school. I got in the car feeling kinda sorry for myself, etc. The chorus of "It's a great day to be alive" was LITERALLY beginning the second I cranked my car and I realized... get it together, Haley! I love the quote, "Get busy living, or get busy dying".
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
We have been studying a lot this week about characters in reading. Our main character for our story this week is a VERY determined kid who works hard to help his family. I found myself thinking a lot about determination and do believe that it is one of the best qualities! With hard work and determination, you CAN achieve your goals.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
Thank you, Regina! I appreciate this. Seriously. I try to pretend sometimes that I am a "writer", yet I do nothing to further this dream! Writing takes practice just like anything else. I need to get on it =)
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
I had a fantastic childhood. EXTREMELY blessed with amazing parents. I would say I had an amazingly happy childhood. Thanks Mom and Dad =)
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
This goes RIGHT back to those determination thoughts earlier. Love this. I mean hey, I got Pat to marry me right?! =)