1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
I would have to agree with this lesson. I think life goes a lot easier if you just kind of accept the fact that sometimes... it's not going to be fair. Someone is always going to be smarter, skinnier, more fashionable, more financially free, etc. Accept it and embrace who you are!
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
I bet so many people (including me) FREEZE whenever things are unsure. Why take a step if you don't know where it will lead you? Well, why not have an adventure and go for it?!
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
This is one of my favorites. I can't imagine going to bed knowing it was my last night alive and having issues with someone. I am going to make it my goal to clear up all of those issues and make life all about loving. It's much more pleasant.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
Haaa! I can guarantee that I do not take myself TOO seriously. Sometimes, I catch myself doing it and I am kinda embarrassed =( I have to learn not to always take OTHERS so seriously... to lighten up and not let negativity affect me.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
Don't have any and don't plan to ever get any.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
I don't know about you guys... but I need help with this. Something crazy comes out of me in an argument and it's kind of scary! I cannot stop until I win! I need to go to God for some guidance in this area =)
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
There is nothing like a good cry. Something about crying is so soothing and healing once you get it all out. I know I embrace this idea... I think more men (and women!) need to try it.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
I think we have all been here before... it's easy to get angry with God. It's also easy to use being mad at God as an excuse for a lot of bitterness and slack relationships with Him. Yell, get it over with, and then remember who He is and what He has done for you. Ummm- gave you life?!
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
Ohhh lordy that is a long way away. I like this idea though. Too bad my paychecks are going to be teeny tiny =) I think I am going to make this a pact when I get a job though...
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
You tell em, Regina!
*Hope ya'll enjoyed these... ten more tomorrow?*