Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lessons 21-30

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

I love this. Why should you have to have a specific reason to do these kind of things? I think I might have some good ideas for the near future =)

22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.

I WISH I lived by this motto. I tend to do what is necessary and I do good at that. Life would just be a whole lot simpler being overprepared.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

I don't really think of myself as an extremely eccentric person. I am ok with that though. And what's wrong with purple? I love purple! ha

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

Totally agree. Nuff said =)

25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

I HATE when people blame their unhappiness on others. You may be able to blame a situation on others BUT you are completely in control of whether you are happy or not. I have to make a COMPLETE effort some days and literally decide, "I am going to be happy today no matter what". It works. Try it.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"

I tend to be a little dramatic sometimes when it comes to this stuff. It is hard to think of the future when the now seems disastrous right? BUT- it helps to avoid overreaction sometimes.

27. Always choose life.

Totally, 100%, always.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

My dad always said, "Never go to be mad... at anyone". I will never forget that and I try very hard to follow it. You never know what could happen in an instant.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

Haaa. Love putting it that way. I have gotten better about this thankfully. I am good with not knowing negative things others think about me. My family doesn't think it and my friends don't so why should I care right?

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

Time heals. Hard concept. It is a very true concept but it is very hard to accept. I, along with everyone else, obviously would like an instant fixer. I think that is why a lot of people turn to alcohol and drugs? AVOID IT. Give it time- much more permanent fixer.


Ten more tomorrowww. Off to watch more horrible football games.

1 comment: