I found something in Glamour magazine worth sharing with you guys today... It's funny how the simplest things make us feel better sometimes. I am gonna get a little personal and tell you all that I have gained a few (7) pounds since the wedding and it has been driving me crazy! It seems that no matter what I do I cannot get the last five off. It has almost been to the point of becoming obsessive about it. I know it is stupid and ridiculous but I have not been able to let it go- until I found the Glamour list in the September issue titled "10 Things More Important Than Those Last Five Pounds". How fitting huh?? Here is the list:
1. Birthday Cake!!
2. Falling in love, running a company, buying a home- you know, the real stuff?!
3. Friends kind enough to post only the good photos.
4. Dumping the guy who answered, "Uh yeah," to "Does my butt look big in this?"
5. Magic underwear (Why do you think our grandmas always looked so good?)
6. The baby/law degree/743 fabulous Mexican dinners that put the weight on in the first place.
7. Going to Paris for the cheese, and San Francisco for the sourdough.
8. Legs strong enough to hike you all the way to the top.
9. Perspective. It's just five pounds. No need to act like it's 50.
10. World peace. Or maybe even inner peace.
Thank you Glamour magazine for making me realize that there are a lot more important things in life than losing five pounds... thank you for real.