Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lessons 31-40

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

This is another one of those things that is comforting and scary. If the situation is bad... it's comforting to know that the situation will change. If it's good... it's scary to know that it will change. Change is something so hard to accept for me but is also something that keeps life so exciting.

32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Great point. It's kinda like the people that completely lose touch with their friends when they enter into a new romantic relationship. Then... they break up with that person and have no friends. We have all been there. Friends are sooo important. Make ones that you will have for life.

33. Believe in miracles.

Oh yes. How can you not when you see things come together the way they do... or a life being brought into the world?

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

I love this and need to be reminded of this a lot! This is not an excuse to just go crazy and forget about Him... but it is comforting to know that He loves us regardless.

35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

I agree with this. I look back at hard times in my life and realize that I would not be who I am today if I had not experienced the things I have.

36. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.

Ahhh dying young... so scary. I want to grow old so badly. I want to love forever. I want to travel and have children. I want to see my children grow up and be parents. I want to accomplish life goals. I pray everyday for a long life for me and those around me.

37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.

There is nothing that breaks my heart more than seeing a child that has no relationship with their parents. I was (and still am) so spoiled in this aspect. I have amazing childhood memories with my parents- vacations, camping, boating, beaching, riding bikes, playing ball, etc. I wish every child had the opportunity to experience this. I know mine will.

38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.

This is kind of cool to think about. I have never really thought about it that way. I love reading Psalms- they are the best prayers.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

There is nothing like a beautiful summer day. There is nothing like a beautiful fall day. Ahhh. I love being outside and seeing God's creation up close and personal. It literally BAFFLES me sometimes when I really think about.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

Love it! I always think my problems are so bad and then I see what others are going through. Imagine being homeless or not having anyone to love or that loves you? I think mine are pretty small in comparison. I NEED to remember this.


Hope you guys are still enjoying these. Only one more day!!! Have a wonderful Sunday. Off to write a billion lesson plans... OUTSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment