Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend, teaching, and more =)

I usually get on this blog with a purpose... I have something I want to blog about, I have great pictures I want to share, etc. But today I just feel like writing and I do not even know what I am going to write about. I'm going to surprise myself =)

I'll start out by sharing about our weekend. I am amazed when we crawl into bed on Sunday nights that the weekend is already over. It is something I treasure so much and I dread the days of having to wait to see my hubby until 6 o'clock =(

Friday night we had a great time with family. Pat's little brother, David, turned 21! The Ryans cooked dinner for us all and when the boys went to play indoor soccer- me, my mother in law, and my sister in law (that is still SO weird to say!) sat outside on the back porch and talked for hours. I love being with two ladies that will be a part of my life forever and just talking. We talked about life, health, babies (not yet guys sorry =) and more. When the boys returned hot and sweaty and looking like they just played in the World Cup, we headed back to our house for a little sleepover party! It has been awhile since I have hosted or attended a sleepover, so it was a blast! Matt (Pat's older brother), Lindsay (Matt's wife), David (Pat's little brother), and Andrew (my older brother) all spent the night. After some serious Wii competition, we hit the sack ready for a morning of adventure at Trade Day.

Now if you guys have never heard of Trade Day, you are out of luck because there is NO possible way I can describe it accurately. It is in Collinsville, Alabama and is a giant outdoor flee market. It is a place where you can get pigs, chickens, goats, baby toys, knives, food, old tools, PURE junk, all within a few hundred yards of each other. I LITERALLY walked around with my jaw on the ground for the first hour we were there. The people were unbelievable! I had my camera but it was too hard to watch and take pictures at the same time. I have never seen so many mullets, awesome outfits, sweat, and junk in one place. It was QUITE entertaining. 

When we returned we were exhausted and took it easy for the rest of the day. Sunday we overslept and missed church =( We watched movies, did school work, and just hung out together. I love those days. 

Today, I am preparing to go to my last day of June class. I am amazed as I sit here and think about how fast this month has gone by. It sometimes blows my mind to think that after one more class in July and a semester of student teaching, I will FINALLY be ready to start my career and my dream. I wish I could put into words how excited I am to teach children. It is so obviously my passion and calling in life it isn't even funny! I literally stay up at night sometimes thinking and dreaming about my future classroom. Ask my husband! I have talked his head off until 2 a.m talking about discipline plans, procedure ideas, classroom themes, etc. It is kinda silly actually, but I am THAT excited. I am excited to walk into my classroom every morning and see children that are ready to learn. I am excited to see them progressing. I am excited to find ways to help students learn that are having trouble. I am excited to provide procedures and consistency for children who may not have that at home. I am excited to be a role model to children who may not have one at home. Mostly, I am excited that I am going to be able to have an impact on the lives of our future generation at the same time that they have a HUGE impact on me. 

Yayyy for graduating in December and yayyy for teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment