Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lazy Sunday


We woke up this morning and decided to have "home" church. If you have never had "home" church before... you should try it sometime! We started out by listening to some Kari Jobe worship tunes and then got on the Calvary Chapel Gulf Breeze website and listened to Pastor John Spencer talk about the birth of Jesus. He made a point that was so neat. I was talking to my brother-in-law a little while ago about how it is so easy to miss the significance of the wording of some bible verses. When Jesus was born, the angels proclaimed, "Unto YOU a savior is born". They did not say- "Unto Mary and Joseph" or "Unto people of Bethlehem". They said, "Unto YOU". As in all of us. How easy is it to miss the depth of that wording? He went on to talk about how one of the names for Jesus is Savior and how a lot of times people only call on Him when they literally need to be saved from a situation... a car wreck, bad finances, etc. Pretty good sermon to listen to on the computer haha.

Overall, this weekend went by way too fast. I don't want Pat to go back to work tomorrow =( I have enjoyed spending the last few days with him. I always do.

We got our house all decorated for Christmas and had our friends Katie and Corbin over to watch the Heisman presentation and eat some chili! It was SO much fun- especially because Cam won!!

Our cute little Christmas tree =)

My adorable centerpiece creation... I am proud of it! haha

The awesome brownies Katie brought for dessert... yummy

Waiting anxiously for the announcement-
"And the Heisman goes to..."

"Who, me?!"

Yayyy Cam!

Yes, I did take pictures of the TV because I was THAT excited. Oh and don't get me started on the Cam debate because I will win. Don't mess with me and Auburn football.

Ok, Netflix Instant Queue is calling my name!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Miley! They are from Target I think. And Ash- I am obsesseddd

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Dont get me started on the Cam debate because I will win"--HAHA! I love this!! War Eagle all the way!!

    ReplyDelete