Thursday, July 22, 2010

Can cute clothes and professional clothes be one in the same?

Goodness GRIEF it is hard to find professional clothes that are still remotely trendy. Since I am starting my internship in two weeks I realized (today) that I need teacher clothes for EVERY DAY!! I decided that I don't really wanna go with a look that screams teacher at first glance. I wanna remain myself with my style but vamp it up to a professional level. So... Ariel and I had one main goal for our shopping- find cute versatile pieces that we can wear for our student teaching experience. I was at a loss at Belk, Ann Taylor Loft, New York and Company, etc. Guess where I racked up my fellow teachers?? TJ Maxx! Here are some things I got:

4 cute sleeved tops that each go with khaki, black, or brown (some go with all three!)
A precious short sleeved denim jacket that will go with anything
A pair of gold flats

Tomorrow we have plans to go to Target to get a pair of nice khaki slacks, a khaki skirt, dressy denim skirt, and cardigan.

With all that and some snazzy jewelry, I think I can be a stylish teacher? I have GOT to beat the sterotype.

And by the way... the night without Pat was very weird and definitely not something I want to do often. He is here now though and it is allll good!

Any other professionals out there.. what do you wear to work and where do you shop???

2 comments:

  1. The Limited and LOFT are where i buy all of my work clothes! :) modest but still stylish! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I love about scrubs!! :p

    ReplyDelete