Tuesday, May 18, 2010

This is life...

As I sit here on the couch, I smell fresh chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen. I hear ESPN on full blast updating us on the latest basketball news. I feel stuffed because we just ate a delicious mexican salad with chicken, corn, black beans, etc. I take in a deep breath and realize...this is life.

This was sooo yummy by the way =)

I absolutely love being with my new husband in our new house. Each day is a new adventure and it is so incredible. People have always joked about my ability to cook and clean because I have never really had to do much for myself. I was a little nervous about taking on the task of being a "good wife" and having the responsibility of cooking meals for my husband and keeping up the house.

I have made this my challenge as a newlywed. I am going to do my absolute best to cook a meal every night that we are home. I am going to do my best to make the bed everyday. I am going to do my best to always be caught up on the laundry. I am going to do this because I love my husband and he deserves the best =)


2 comments:

  1. Haley, I think this is so wonderful. As long as you try to do these things you will be a great wife. I know that pat will also try to please you and he will be a great husband. God Bless Both of You. Carol

    ReplyDelete